Tuesday, January 09, 2007

officially engaged

Hey guys, I guess it's been a while since I have updated you!

I am officially engaged!

Wedding date is October 20th! We are getting married in Vulcan at the Evangelical Missionary Church. We'll have a dance afterwards at the CRC. I'm SOOO excited! We were kind of thinking that we would wait a while, but the more we thought and prayed about it the more it seemed right to do it right away. After I met his family ( and fell in love with each and every one of them), I knew even more how right it is. I loved his mom ( she's bananas, in a totally good way). His Dad is amazing and I love his sister and brother. Kolby is standing up with me. I'm really excited to have a little sister for the first time in my life. She's going to be sixteen soon, so I think that having a big sister type influence in her life will be a good thing. I know I appreciate Travis' influence in my brother's lives.

The official date of engagement was October 19th. We went and picked out the ring ( where is a secret everyone so stop asking), and he put it on my finger. Afterwards we realised that he hadn't proposed so we went outside and proposed on one knee with a sunset in the background. It was perfect.

So soon I will be Mrs. Schmeelke. It feels so cool. Weird a little bit. But really cool. I am so excited and so ready. It will be amazing. God is so awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! So excited for you! God is amazing! Chandie Schmeelke...has a nice ring to it!