Thursday, January 11, 2007

venting while doing homework

Ahhh twice in one day. Perhaps for me writing is an escape from the harsh reality of homework. Lots and lots of homework. Not that I don't like looking up five million verses...

mmmmm I lied. I don't like looking up five million verses. It becomes drudgery. ultimate, sheer drudgery. And why would I want reading the bible to be drudgery?

So, as childish and immature as it might sound, I came up with a way to keep myself slighty motivated. I read a chapter in a book every time I get another one of the endless pages of homework done. It even works! I am one page away from finished! Hooray for me!

The book is kind of interesting. It's one on marraige ( go figure... and I AM NOT OBSESSED) ( see I am going crazy, now I argue with myself.) It's called daze of our wives and the writer is hilarious. It's wonderful to find some comic relief with a small amount of wisdom weaved in. So far it won't change my life... but it will give me a little break from the homework that is desperately trying to change my life.

I mean really, do I want my life changed? Maybe I am happy with it the way it is? Does no one realize that my life may have already been changed... and to have another large, 180 degree change would be a bad thing? Does no one think of these things? I mean, great scott, really!

So I found this quote that I liked from this book. " A great marraige is not when the perfect couple comes together. It's when the imperfect couple comes together, crazy for each other,and learns to accomodate, and even come to enjoy, thier differences." I like that quote. It eliminates the illusion that you have to be "perfect" or even " perfect for each other." I think that you need to have unshakeable committment and freedom to be yourselves... knowing that is safe with the other person. You need to have room to be imperfect... and you need to give the other person that same room.

No comments: