Thursday, December 21, 2006

random update

So it's been fun being home. Not exactly a vacation, I'll readily admit. More like I have been working 11 hour days to try and have enough money for Christmas gifts! Hopefully everyone is happy with what they get from me. I still have work to do today but I am post-poning it for a little while ( Christmas HOLIDAYS, anyone).

It seems my family is as busy as ever, Klay is in Hockey school in Clive, Cody... well he just turned eighteen. The days here have both flown and crawled. The days when I have been home all alone trying to make bag upon bag of caramel popcorn ( oh yes, it will haunt my dreams for years, bags of caramel corn chasing me and trying to eat me) all by myself. The only thing that tried to trick my brain was a few Christmas CD's drawling Christmas Carols loudly throughout the house. Those only make you feel less lonely for a little while, and then you feel more lonely because no one is yelling at you to turn it down.

It's nice to have a bit of a break for absolute lack of privacy. Once again, no one ever comes in my room without knocking. That is a rule that most of the girls at bible school must have never been taught, what were their mothers thinking?

We leave for Vulcan the morning of the 24th. So my first real morning in Vulcan will be Christmas, which is a little bit scary. I'm trying not to let the tears come every time I realize I won't be home for Christmas. I'm a big girl I can handle it, right? I'm still really scared that Travis's family won't like me, even though he reassures me all the time that they will love me. I guess only time will make me feel better about this. I'm really looking forward to meeting his mom and sister, and I really hope that we hit it off. I have prayed for a long time that I would have a special commeradrie with them.

Still thinking about winter camp... I am seriously considering going home that week. Like SERIOUSLY. I think I will. I am just ALWAYS cold, and always sick, and that sounds like a recipe for disaster in my life. We'll see I guess but I doubt I will go. They probably won't even put me with Travis if I do go.

I CAN DRIVE A STANDARD NOW! Travis gave me my first lesson a while ago and now I can do it by myself! I wouldn't be confident in a big town but I can drive in the little ones just fine and that makes me pretty darn happy!

1 comment:

Heather's Blessed Life said...

Random updates are always great! If I don't see you before you leave....Merry Christmas to you and your family...You will do just fine at Travis's house...And his family will LOVE you. I don't think its humanly possible for anyone not to like you!

Love ya's ....no worries!