Ahh the changes that life brings our way! I recently made a brand new e mail account! travisnchandie@hotmail.com is our new wedding/joint e mail account, so we can send updates on together life, and get addresses and stuff. If you read the blog, add us!
Other than that, I just started working at Tim Hortons! Yesterday was my third full time shift. Yesterday was Saterday, and I was there at 7:00 in the morning! It was CRAZY! For the most part I loved it so much!
There was this really elderly looking lady, who had a strong english accent, who both amused and annoyed me. The line up was out past the door, and this little lady took her sweet time about ordering.
" Hello Dear what can I get for you?"
" I want a coffee" Her english accent is slowed down by the way she carefully punctuates each individual word.
" What size would you like dear?"
" A coffee."
" I'll make that a medium then. Would you like anything in that dear?"
" Of course I do." She looks at me through her droopy eyelids as though I am the reason that people on the earth are just so damn daft.
" What would you like in your coffee, maam?" By this time I am too annoyed to call her dear anymore.
" Milk. And a sugar. Not a cream, mind you, but milk. Just enough milk to fill the cup an eighth of the way." So, I hurry to grab her a china cup with a coffee with a milk and sugar. I set it carefully on the tray in front of her.
" Did you put your fingers around the top of the cup?" Every word is still slow and EVER so english.
" I'm not sure, maam, I don't think so."
" Well if you aren't sure, I want another coffee." By this time the lineup has doubled and I can see angry business men who are in a hurry, and sincerely believe that it is my fault everything is taking so long, scowl and tap their toes. I make one more coffee.
" Can I get anything else for you dear?"
" I want a tea."
" What kind of tea?"
" An earl grey tea."
" Ok, would you like anything in that tea?"
" No!" She again looks at me like I am Satan's spawn. " Just regular!" So I make her an earl grey tea. She took one look at it and I thought she might empty her stomach on my counter.
" Don't you know you ALWAYS put milk in earl grey tea? I want a new tea." So I rush to make her A NEW TEA.
" Anything else for you, maam?"
" I want a dutchie timbit." So, I get her a dutchie timbit.
" THAT"S NOT A DUTCHIE!" She scowls at me!
" It's a dutchie timbit, dear."
" I want the big one!" So, I grab her a doughnut, and ring her order through.
" Is that what it costs?"
" Yes dear."
" Well, that's RIDICULOUS!" Her voice reaches a high pitched screech I didn't know was possible.
" I'm sorry I don't make the prices, dear."
" Well!" She huffs as she grabs me a five dollar bill, and I give her the change. Then she stands for about five minutes, simply counting each penny of change to make sure I didn't steal from her.
I should have spit in her coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment