Wednesday, January 10, 2007

relationship



So we are all snowed in. It's taking some adjusting to get used to school again. Actually it seems really boring right now. I've been too disciplined and have actually gotten everything done early so now I have nothing to do.





The whole relationship in CLBI thing is a little bit rough. Not that people are being difficult, on the contrary they are rather amazing. But really, it's hard to keep a balance between friend and community time, and time just being together and building our intimacy up. I guess each day is another adventure. Everything will change sizeably when we leave school and start working. I am living with his parents during the summer so that will be a growing, learning, wonderful experience.





Other than that, class has been interesting. Funny the little things that come to the surface that I relaize I need to deal with. For example, I had no idea that I had an issue with baptism until we started talking about it. I wound up crying, talking about whether or not infant baptism was right. I realized I had a hurt in my life from things that had been said when I was only six weeks old. Once I got that out and dealt with, I realized God will honor whatever we decide to do with our children, as long as we are honoring him. Like Andrew said, " You can eat pizza with a fork or with your hands, but your still going to get the pizza." Well said.





I guess I am trying to assess my relationship with God right now. I need to be more disciplined in spending time with him. He always meets me when I do. I am always enriched and never disappointed, yet sometimes I seem to postpone our meetings. Perhaps this is simply the work of the enemy. Most likely. God just never ceases to amaze me. Every time I dig in scripture I find something that encourages me, challenges me, and spurs me forward. How could anyone be so faithful?

So, amongst all of the joys of looking at wedding dresses, applying for jobs, running out of ink for my printer, and living with tons of adopted family... I am still getting to enjoy enriching my relationship with Jesus. Pretty exciting.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dress is nice...I still love the first one that you showed me the other night! I'm glad things are going well at school...talk to you soon! Bless you!