A lazy sunday is today...
I feel like I have nothing to do. Travis is at work, I have no homework... we don't even have gas in his truck until friday, so i can't even really take off anywheres.
Yesterday I painted. I'm not very good at painting. I think that sometimes art is anything that speaks to us... not just when we look at it but also when we create it. Yesterday I made a painting of a house burning up at sunset. I wrote the word restless across the bottom in red. Anyone else might think that I was disturbed when I wrote it. I told Travis about it in front of his friend Adam and Adam was like " run Travis, run." Hopefully he was only joking about that. I think Travis knew what I meant though.
Sometimes I feel like even though this school is a wonderful place to learn about God, and I am so glad that he brought me here, and I am so glad that I met Travis... it feels surreal.
The lock ups at 11-1 feel weird. Last night I felt like I was in a jail and everyone around me thought it was a great place to be. Midnight came, and least we all turned into pumpkins, we were sent off into our girl's dorms. It's bothered me before but maybe when I really stopped to think about it, that's when it really hit me. Sometimes I feel like I am running away from swarms of parents who don't really know how to do their job. My own parents would never tell me " you have to be in your room at midnight!" They believe in freedom... and they realize that I am nineteen.
Not that I hate it here, I don't. I am thankful to be here and I am thankful for everything that I'm learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Even adults need discipline.
I didn't say that they didn't. We also need to be responsible for our own lives and our own self discipline.
Post a Comment