So we are doing a relationships class in school right now. I like it for the most part I just feel like it is kind of awkward because we are the only couple there at the moment. I feel like people are watching us... but they aren't really. I just worry too much.
I've been thinking a lot lately about intimacy... friendship... I guess all of the stuff that relationship class brings to the surface. I think that in order to have a really amazing relationship that is definately headed towards marraige you need to have both. I feel like Travis is my best friend, but I also share that intimate love with him that can only be known between lovers.
We were talking about how friendship has an outward focus, and intimacy has an inward focus. I think that you need both. We are trying to find that balance right now... the balance between spending time with other people, and spending " just couple" time to build intimacy. I think that the fact that we have started beginning each day with prayer together will be a good spiritual intimacy builder. We had been kind of avoiding that because when we first talked to pastor Harold he talked about how praying together causes really strong bonds and may not be wise at first. I guess we forgot to reassess when our relationship became a lot more serious!
Anyways, I gotta tootle, Love you guys lots!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment