Saturday, November 11, 2006

Peace


Today I rested.
I like resting, sometimes I guess I just need a break. I came home, slept for a while, told my stories... and rested.

I love the fact that Jesus tells us about rest. " Come to me you who are weak and heavy laden and I will give you rest." Another scripture that has been playing on my mind is this one... " Peace, be still and know that I am God." Peace. Be still. Rest. I feel like the moon in a dark, somber sky. All I have to do is be. I light the dark, I am beautiful, but I don't have to work at it.
All I have to do is rest. All I have to do is be where Jesus put me. Perhaps simply by meditating on the thought, I am reconciled with my purpose.

1 comment:

Heather's Blessed Life said...

Rest is a wonderful thing, and It sounds like you would need it after your hike. I'm glad that you got to spend some time with your family. I'm sure they all miss you lots! I pray that you heal so you can sing your beautiful music again! I believe this will happen soon! Bless you!!