Friday, November 10, 2006

confrontation

I think my word for the day is trust. I have realized that I DO have far more trust in Jesus than I thought I had. He is amazing. He gave me whatever I needed to get through anything I needed to get through during all of urban hike. I gained an appreciation for the people on my team as well, and learned to trust them.

The most difficult part of the trip was not really anything I expected at all. It didn't have to do with the people who we came to minister to, it had to do with someone on my team.

I had thought that everything was fine between us. We weren't best of friends but I loved her and had no problem with her. At debrief last night we sat in a circle and talked, and I told everyone in the cirlcle something about them that I had noticed and how much it blessed me. Pretty much everyone was blessed by it, except one person, who told me that I was too loose with my affection, that I didn't know these people so how could I love them, and basically that I had to re-evaluate my entire relationship with God. It was a bit of a tyrade, I felt like she was a shink, and she thought she had me pegged. It really hurt.

So I started thinking about it. How am I supposed to respond when someone puts down something that I feel good about, something that creates the very core of who I am? I prayed about it. Jesus told me that she was out of line, she said what she did because of her own issues.

It still hurts. But I love her anyways. I guess she will have to put up with it... is that a new definition of tough love?

If you readers wouldn't mind, please pray that I can sing again soon... that I get better. I have been sick for three weeks now.

1 comment:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

life just good