Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My dreary day...

I don't know if I am the only one who finds this, but weather seems to affect the mood that I am in on any given day. Today, it is raining. A little dreary, yet, on a farm we always need moisture. For some reason when it rains I become a little bit lazy, my body seems to tire far more quickly than usual, and I have the vague feeling that I would like to just crawl into bed for the whole day. Of course,that isn't practical, not in the smallest sense of the word; so I find that I drag myself around, doing all of the things that have fumbled their way onto my ever growing to do list.

My to do list today should be interesting. I have to go empty my bank account to pay off a few debts that I have accumulated. Not exactly an overly stimulating thing to do on a Wednesday afternoon, but, when everything is paid off I know I will feel much better. I need to continue getting myself settled in on the farm, finding places in this little room to put my masses of stuff. Even a farm girl needs twenty pairs of stilettos. There are four fully grown men who share a house with us on a regular basis. They like to eat, therefore I need to do some baking and figure out something for supper. Suppers will be easier once we get our steer back from the butchers. There are three horses that I need to ride today, and one that I would like to put a little ground work on. That means one well broke horse, and three that I am attempting to turn into well broke horses.

So, now I have bored you both with the menial details of my day, and with the dreary prospect of today's weather. Dare I continue, and bring up hockey once more? I am a hard core Oilers fan. Well, you have probably figured that out by now. Unfortunately, even I do not look upon tonights game with great optimism. Carolina very well may simply be the best team after all. I may even work my horse ( in the rain) while the game takes place to spare myself the pain. Hopefully, they will surprise me, and I will regret missing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU WILL WATCH THE HOCEY GAME!! lol YOU HAVE TO!! EVEN IF YOU THINK THEY WILL LOSE!! (I don't by the way, not tonight at least)

LOL