Sunday, March 09, 2008

stability

It's been a while since I last wrote! Not having internet at home probably makes that kind of difficult. Life hasn't changed much in the last while... maybe the only thing that has changed is that I am getting used to the way that things don't... change.

I guess when I was younger there was always another hill to climb, another milestone to reach, another year older meant so much. Finish school, move out, first kiss, bible school, marriage, pregnancy. I was always on the move, always living somewhere else and thinking about how things would change... and they did.

Funny isn't it that stability is something that you actually have to get used to. I think that is what it is. Stability. And things will change again... in three months I will be holding this new baby in my arms, and there will be a whole other being in this world because God loved me enough to trust me with it. But no matter what changes from now on I will always have stability.

I think it is interesting that despite ourselves, God gives us what we most need and most desire. I wouldn't have even known how to find stability for myself, but He did, and He knew how incredibly much I needed it. So he sort of dropped it in my lap and said " ok, here you go, now what do you think of that?"

I am slowly becoming acustomed to the idea that everything is ok. Today, yesterday, tomorrow. God has looked after it all.

No comments: