So I have been musing again...
I was thinking about homeless people. Sounds like a category but I don't mean it to be. I know that they are as different from each other as we are.
When I was with Grandma, in Edmonton, taking her to and from the clinic for her surgery, there was a couple of homeless men that stood outside of the building. One wore a sign around his neck " money for food," the other just stood there, saying hello to everyone who walked by and almost blocking the sidewalk off.
I would have given the one money, but he chose an unfortunate spot to beg... everyone already used all their change on parking, five loonies an hour. Of course, I politely said hello to the other one, as I walked past.
That's when I became a little horrified at myself. I had this overwhelming fear that he was going to choke me from behind, and I felt like breaking into a solid mad dash. Perhaps this is because of the time when I was working, and one of our dimensia patients choked me hard from behind. I'm not sure. But I don't know why all of a sudden this fear just seized me.
It seems to me that no matter how hard I try not to let them become marginalized in my mind, they still are to a point. Although I want them to meet Jesus, I want them to have good food, I plan on volunteering when I can to help them... I still see them as a little frightening, esspecially when I am walking with my just operated on Grandma, and my tiny unborn child. I just want to pray about this, and I know that God will lead me to see it the way that he does.
That's what I want, and not just for homeless people. How often do I walk by someone and judge them... wrongly.
I just want to see people the way that Jesus does, to be loving and cautious, wise as a serpent, but gentle as a dove.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment