Preparing for a new life... that's what I feel like. No... not what I feel like, what I am doing!! It's amazing, surreal, strange, wonderful, excellent, frightening, invigorating, exhausting, exciting, and completely overtaking.
It feels like there is just nothing in the world quite as important as this baby and it's arrival into the world. Perhaps that is silly. There are a million babies that are born every day... but none of them are mine. None of them were created in my body by God. None of them have been for me, the world's greatest surprise... this tiny person wrapped ( of all things) in my own body for nine ( but really ten) long, long months. It's the biggest miracle, the greatest gift, and it is happening from me... from the person that I love the most... in me. It is indescribable. So strange and yet so wonderful at the same time.
Picture a 2 pound chiuaua. That is the approximate weight of my baby right now. Picture that it is jumping around in your tummy, sleeping, waking, moving. As excited as I am about it, it is certainly a strange sensation!
Anyways, this is my most recent ponderings on motherhood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment