They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Maybe that's true. But it sucks. I find it hard to be away from Travis. I found out while I was home and my devoted Daddy took a look at my car that all of my tires were bald, my driveshaft was about to go, and there was a hole in my radiator. So... I am home for about three days longer than I had planned. I think that God stretches me that way because I am such a planner and when a wrench is thrown in my perfectly planned out days... I have to fight against freaking out!
But I still wonder about absence.
The bible says that right now we see through a glass darkly but one day we will see face to face. I wonder about that. Right now we are in the absence part.
It takes faith to be absent from someone that you love.
In marriage, it takes trusting yourself to be away from your husband, and trusting your husband to be faithful and the man that you know him to be while you are gone.
In our relationship with God, does it take trusting that both we, and he, is who he says that we are? I think it takes believing him that we are truly going to heaven. It takes a lot of believing. Maybe that is what makes our hearts fonder.
It teaches us to believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thoughts worth pondering again girl. you are such a talented writer. AJ
Post a Comment