Saturday, November 17, 2007

positive tests

Ahhh it's been a while again. Oh well. I don't have access very often anymore. I suppose everyone ( particularily anyone who would read my blog) knows that I am pregnant! I am so excited. In the first week that I knew I think I did seven tests and giggled all over again every time that they were positive. I am waiting with baited breath for the arrival of a baby bump!

My slightly bloated belly just isn't doing it for me just yet. I can't wait till I can't see my feet.

So many people have asked me " What do you think? Is it a boy or a girl?" Well I couldn't tell you, we haven't chatted yet. At first I thought it is a boy for sure, but then a little later when the actual organs would be forming, I started thinking girl... which is my current stance.

So it depends on whether you believe in gut instinct or first response ( girls I couldn't help the pun, they are the best tests after all).

So far it has been a glorious adventure! Yes, glorious despite the vomiting each morning ( which I have down to a science now) the pickled carrots, and the sleepless nights. I love to watch my dear husband as he pats my belly and says in his most appealing baby talk voice, " Hello in there, little guy!"

REally, I am most in awe of God. The fact that in eight short weeks of pregnancy he is forming a perfect little being in my womb. My baby already has it's own set of perfect individual fingerprints, a heart that is beating far faster than mine, kidneys, lungs, a little nose... I have a perfect being inside of me that is only half an inch tall! I keep remembering the verse from Psalms, " I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" and another one, " For you made me trust in you at my mother's breast, from birth I was cast upon you, from my mother's womb you have been my God!"

I pray every day that my child is growing close to God even now in his or her spirit, that God is raising this child up to be his very own. And the best part... God would never say no to a prayer like that. I think he loves to create, and I think he is even more excited than me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this one, it brought tears to my eyes. I can so see your hubby doing that! You are so very blessed to have him, and now this new little one coming!
AJ