Sometimes I think that I am a morbid person. I don't think I really am... it's just that all of a sudden death is so close to me.
I guess death isn't close to me, personally, but all of a sudden I just can't ignore it anymore. It's close, not immanent, but close.
We've lost two people at work in the last two months. I was close to both of them. It's funny that you get so close to people who sometimes don't even remember who you are. Sometimes I really wonder about what causes dimensia. Every person that we have at work has some sort of story behind them, they were raped, they were abused... could dimensia be a stronghold running rampant? I really think so, because the more that I pray the more miracles I see.
We have one lady who is a vegetable. I have never even seen her lok at someone, let alone make any attempt to talk. One day I was changing her, and singing amazing grace. She looked right at me and said " Just keep singing." A miracle, right there.
We have one lady who really annoys most people. She scared the heck out of me when I first started. However, she talks about Jesus all the time. Finally I started praying for her, all the time. I started talking to her about Jesus, I started singing with her, praying with her, quoting scripture with her. I have never had trouble with her again. Now, when I walk in, she remembers me and gives me her prayer requests. Miracle in the works? I really think so. Not long ago she prayed for ME.
I know that life is a sequence of choices and opportunities. Maybe this is my opportunity to see what spiritual warfare on a whole other level is. Maybe this is my opportunity to wash the disciples feet, or their bums when they accidentally mess in their drawers.
I keep thinking of the scripture that says " If you give one of these a glass of water because they are mine, you surely will not lose your reward." and " Do not grow weary in welldoing." My job is taxing, but I really beilieve that it is where I am called to.
Washing the disciples feet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this one!! I'm glad you have written about these miracles, so you, and we, never forget about them. God Loves you so much Chandie! And so do I!
Post a Comment