Only 30 days left. There is so much to be thankful for. I was praying today with Joyce, and God told me he would give us a home... and then when I got back Travis said that an apartment just became available and we can view it on Saturday. This excites me to a great Extent! I am so looking forward to having a home, with which I can bless my husband, and other people. I really hope that God blesses this! And I really believe that he will!
I find giftings funny. No matter how much you detest a person, when you look at them, shouldn't you be able to distinguish at least one gifting? I really think we should. When God created the world, he said several times, " It is good!" So, when he creates, things are good. He created each of us, we are each good. Of course, every one of us is corrupted by Satan. In order for our gifts to really shine, we need to dedicate them to God, so that Satan cannot reach or corrupt them. It is just neat to me how the seed to be great, and to be gifted is in each of us. God really does love to create.
It's funny, I was thinking about perseverance, and persecution. It seems like any idea that may be seen as a little radical is so easily looked down on by many, even Christians. I think this is really strange, considering that Jesus was radical. For example, many people don't like the idea of us homeschooling. We are homeschooling so that we can take our children out of a world that is SICK, corrupted, polluted, and discusting. In proverbs the bible says that " A companion of fools, a fool will become." It also says " Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child." So why would we set our kids up to be foolish? God is wisdom. Foolishness is opposite of wisdom. I think you get where I am going with this. I don't need to mention the sick stuff that goes on in schools, because anyone who hasn't closed their eyes to it knows exactly what I'm talking about.
The other radical thing that we are doing is choosing to have as many children as God will give us. This is a choice we have come to based on what we believe God has called us to do. We would never push it on anyone else, but it's what we believe, and yes, it means not using birth control ( which by the way is supposed to make sex way better and less distracted). We want to trust God with this. God is a God who loves to create. We want to invite him to do that. It is very clear through the whole bible that God is fully capable of both opening and closing wombs. God also says he will care for each of his children. I can see nothing but blessing from choosing to submit that part of ourselves to God, and inviting him to create an army from us. Trust has never been something Jesus looked at and scowled at. He never once said " don't give it to me just use your brain."
So really, I guess we're the salmons swimming against the current. But, my always questioning mind says " doesn't that mean we have something right?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment