Oh my, it is truly terrible the way that time will fly, and get away on you. It certainly does that to me.
There are so many things that I want to hang on to, but time flies and they slip from my grasping fingers.
I want to hang on to my daughter, keep her young, safe; shelter her tender heart from the indisputable hurts that will soon maraud her heart, despite my best efforts.
I want to hang on to the good days, the days where flowers, sunshine, joy, and love fill my heart to overflowing... but the rainy days come, along with their sadness, pain, and confusion.
That is when I must turn my thoughts to Jesus.
He is always the same, and I don't even need to desperately hang on to him...
He hangs on to me.
Then I get to look forward to eternity... and it's so good. It's so something to look forward to.
That excites me. It is so interesting living my life right now! I love it! Emma grows every day, and I am learning to make the sacrifice that every mother has to make... teaching her to become more and more independant of me. She is learning to push toys around and walk behind them. I am so proud of her! But she falls, and hits her head, and I think I cry as much as she does. Already every new stage brings about more indepenence for her. Every stage reminds me that it will get harder as time goes on. Right now it's bonks on her beautiful little head. Later, it will be scrapes and bruises as she falls off of a horse for the first time; then, skinned knees and elbows as the training wheels come off of her bike. Eventually ( heaven forbid) it will be hurt emotions, broken hearts, and delicate dreams coming to actuality. Her first date. Her wedding day. The day she makes me a grandmum. Every stage she is growing closer to me, and yet farther away. The only way I know that she will be okay as she becomes less dependant on me, is knowing that at the same time she will become more dependant on God...
That is my purpose, I suppose. I need to teach my children to become more and more dependant on God as time goes on, and stages come and go.
And one thing I know for sure...
He will never let them down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want a little girl soooo bad.
awe Andrew. I know that God has awesome things ahead for you. There is a little girl in your future, and you will make an amazing dad for her.
Thanks for reading my blog.
Post a Comment