Thursday, October 23, 2008

Emma

So its been forever... Then again I have a good excuse... A brand new baby takes up a lot of time! Intfoducing baby Emma Audrey Schmeelke, born June 7th 2008, five pounds five ounces. She is absolutely beautiful!

Its funny, you know, I thought that I knew what love is... But there is nothing in the world like the love of a mother for her child. It is like nothing I have ever experienced. It is amazing and intense. She us so much a part of me, and yet so much herself. Its like a tidal wave of emotion pours out of me every time I look at her, every time I hear her cry, every time I hear her laugh, or are her smile. I want to fix everything for her! Every boo boo, every heart ache, every sad moment;

I wonder as I look at her and clap for her four month old efforts, as I watch her roll over, or grab a rattle for the first time; I wonder what she will be like someday. I wonder who she will grow into at 2, 5, 8, 12, 16, 60? I am just amazed at ago she is already and she can't even talk yet!

2 comments:

chandal said...

Sorry for all the type O's guys I wrote this on my blackberry in a hurry!

Anonymous said...

Yes!! It IS fantantic! I know you now at 22, and there is nothing better! You are so good at expressing how it feels!