Rain, at long last, we have rain! A flash flood hit us today at about five, and we had a couple of glorious hours of rain. The trees look greener already, the feilds have been washed of their dust, and the clothes on the line are dripping wet! I actually took a good jump in a puddle. The smell of it is intoxicating, wonderful!
I feel as though I may be sleep walking. I am having a hard time holding my eyes open and my head keeps fighting me to loll over onto my chest. I think that my night of four hours of sleep last night may have affected me. Who would have thought I would get so into Lonesome Dove?
Mom and Dad and Klay should all be back within the hour. I was really looking forward to seeing them and I am so glad that we can surprise them with the downpour of rain. I miss my long talks with mom, and I missed her at church today.
Well then, off to jump gleefully into muddy mud puddles for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAY! RAIN! Thank the Lord for that! I pray for lots more!
YAY! RAIN! Thank the Lord for that! I pray for lots more!
YAY! RAIN! Thank the Lord for that! I pray for lots more!
Post a Comment